Become a childlen`s educational specialist for the future
Elementary School English Education Major
Elementary School Teaching Certificate (4-year program)
Application Requirement: High school diploma
Our Elementary School English Education program has been certified as a professional post-secondary course by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
100% employment rate for* 5 consecutive years ※1
*This number is of the graduates of the 3-year Child English Education program, the predecessor of the current program.
English education for 3rd and 4th graders will be mandatory starting in 2020. Our school will foster future elementary school English teachers with the skills necessary to meet this expected rising demand.
Target Licenses and Certificates
- Elementary School Teacher type 1 license *
- Kindergarten Teacher type 1 license*
- Nursery School National Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree (diploma)*
- Advanced Specialist
- Social Welfare Officer Appointment Qualification*
- Children’s Instructor
- Microsoft Word Processing Skills Qualification Test Grade 2 or above
- Excel ® Spreadsheet Processing Skills Qualification Test Grade 2 or above
- The EIKEN Test in Pratical English Proficiency Pre-1st Grade or above
- TOEIC® Listening & Reading Test Score 700 points or above
- Childcare English Test
*Acquired by entering Himeji University Department of Education’s correspondence program.
Expand your career choises with 3 qualifications in education and childcare
Earn a college degree and a teaching certificate through Himeji University's distance learning program
Learn through ECC's original TEFL Method
Gain practical teaching experience under a great support system
Start now! We can help you become a great elementary school teacher with TEFL skills.
Acquire global skills for a new future
Prospects of the Industry
Increasing demand for English teachers at elementary schools
Even higher skills will be required for elementary school teachers.
Preferred hiring of candidates with higher English skills
More municipalities are introducing a preferred hiring system for those with higher TOEIC scores and EIKEN certificates.
Increasing opportunities for overseas employment
Many of their graduates have been hired overseas through their experience at ECC